Major League Baseball (MLB) and Zoom have agreed a partnership that will see the communications technology company power new game and broadcast elements.
- Deal designates Zoom as MLB’s official unified communications platform
- Company becomes presenting partner of MLB replay review
- Zoom will connect senior umpire at each game to its ‘Zoom Replay Operations Center’ during any replay review
- Viewers can watch centre during live broadcasts on MLB Network and Apple TV, and hear from an analyst during the incident
- Zoom technology being introduced into MLB operations on and off the field
This pact marks the first time all stages of the replay review system have been brought together by one operator, with the goal of making the process ‘more transparent and engaging’.
For Zoom, the MLB deal adds to a partnership portfolio that also includes golf’s DP World Tour and Formula One outfit Red Bull Racing.
“We are always looking for innovative ways to leverage best-in-class technology to advance the MLB experience and deliver more to our fans,” said Chris Marinak, MLB’s chief operations and strategy officer.
“Partnering with Zoom, a category leader that reinvented the way we connect, was a natural next step for us. We are excited to integrate Zoom Contact Center and other Zoom platform technology into our gameday operations and continue to modernise experiences in a secure, reliable, and innovative way.”
The deal has been signed in time for the start of the 2023 MLB season, which gets underway on 30th March.
The post MLB taps Zoom to power new game and broadcast elements appeared first on SportsPro.